Friday, September 11, 2009

Mushroom Wedding Madness!

More DIY wedding!
Yeah, so I slacked last week. I was gonna take pics of some stuff I used from Michael's, but the day I brought my camera, was the day they shipped everything off! Arg.

So let's talk more centerpieces, shall we?

Since the whole thing had an outdoorsy feel (duh), we need mushrooms. LOTS of mushrooms. And my super creative cous Ayse was willing to help! It might have had something to do with being SUPER preggers at the time and really, couldn't move much. Her loss, my gain!

Yes. She MADE those green adorable mushrooms!

Her steps:
1. Get some foamcore! You can buy at craft stores or if you order a lot of stuff from Best Buy, they'll ship you some for free! :)
2. Scuplt those suckers
3. Paint a base coat of green
4. Paint some green shading
5. Paint LOTS of green shading (she used 4 colors in all)
6. Seal it in with polyurethane!
7. Make about a billion, then you're DONE!

optional step 8: make a GIANT one for my garden!!!
THANKS AYSE!!!
Other DIY wedding postings!
Programs Part 1
Programs Part 2
Invitation Part 3 (final!)
Invitation Part 2 (making of)
Invitations Part 1 (the rejects)

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, you need to put the giant minimate in your garden next to the giant mushroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY CRAP YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!
    OMG. I can totally re-enact Alice in Wonderland caterpillar scenes.
    G.E.N.I.U.S.!!!

    ReplyDelete