Monday, March 8, 2010

A Serious Question!

What do you do when someone gives you something for free?

I just swung into a Starbucks to buy a gift certificate... and the guy (cute!) behind the counter says "You wanna drink?" I say "SURE! You talked me into it!"

Then proceeded not to charge me...he made it a point to ring it up zero charge!
So what did I do? I act all skeevy and shy and mumble "Thanks!" then give a fist pump and kinda walk out of there like "What just happened?"

So my question is... what are you supposed to do in that situation?
Act like John Hamm and expect it? Give him your number? Blow him in the back? Politely say "Thanks Sir!"? And not completely embarrass yourself and act like a jerk?

Wow, I think this is the most self-service narcissistic post I've ever done! I promise to return to regullary scheduled programing.

6 comments:

  1. My response woulda been, "Awww, thanks! I must smell extra good today.....you didn't roofie it did you?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! OMG, I'm not sure it WASN'T roofied! It was a bit of a sugary/chemical taste... hmm...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go with blow him in the back. You know those star bucks coffee's are like 30 bucks a pop so it's the least you could do!

    p.s.- what did you buy me a star bucks card for? is it my birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey wife, why did I have to read this on your blog? I think he did get the backroom BJ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww baby! Don't be hating!
    Next time I'll get you a starbucks too!

    ReplyDelete