"Ban Comic Sans," illustration by Dave and Holly Combs, 2004
Comic Sans: The bane of a designers existence.
There is no bigger horror to a designer than some big wig saying "Hey! That's great, but could you use Comic Sans instead?"
And then, our heads EXPLODE!
NOOOOO WE CANNOT USE COMIC SANS!!
Comic Sans Blows for these reasons:
1) Um... hello? Does anyone really want "Kid's Script" on their important file?
2) OVERSATURATION! Ug... if I see it one more time...
3) Even my mom recognizes that horrid horrid font... there's no mystery!
4) Designers get seizures looking at it. (It's true!)
5) There's even a great site to ban it!
6) Most Importantly: Those kitchy fonts that come with you computer are NOT to be used by designers in mainstream media! It shows a lack of designer talent & creativity! (I mean, have you seen the other 5 billion fonts you could try?)
Hmm... I can see you may be disagreeing with me. "Oooo, comic sans is great fun!"
Perhaps it's time you read this Wall Street Journal Article about the Comic Sans debate.
Thanks Judy for the hot link!