Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Scrapple it's whats for diner...


So I was having a conversation with my friend Valeta in California and I mentioned having homemade scrapple for diner last night. I love breakfast for diner! She replied with "what's scrapple?" that is when I realized that scrapple is a Maryland and Pennsylvania thing and that most of the people who read our blog might not even know what scrapple is! I have to educate the world on the wonders of pig meat! You already know we love bacon, bacon comes from a pig, so do pork chops and tender loin, but what do they do with the left over pig, you can't just waste the left over pig! They make scrapple with it hence the name Scrap-ple. This page will tell you exactly how they make scrapple, but beware you should probably try it before you read about it or else you won't be able to get the images out of your mind and you won't enjoy it as much. Bonus: in the description on the website the first line is Scrapple is a savory mush. Mmmmmm savory mush.

No comments:

Post a Comment