Monday, December 17, 2007

2007's Top ten Baby Names



When I was a girl It was always a pain in the neck going to school and having to choose which way I wanted my name to be called during role, why you ask, because my name is Jennifer. In the 80's Jennifer was probably number two or three on the list of popular names. I was Jen, Jennifer, Jenny and Jen Marie, at one point I asked to be called "hey you" cause I was so sick of sharing my name with ten other girls in my class. Out of thirty students and half girls there were enough Jennifer's, Heather's, and Stacey's to go around for days. Popular names are differn't now, but I will still laugh when my kids go to school and there are twenty Madison's in their class. Here is the LIST of top baby names for 2007, the creativity of the nation never ceases to amaze me.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, so having a wierdo name like "Esti", I NEVER thought could share your experiences...
    that is until I worked the Jewish Expo yesterday. I can't tell you how freaked out I was when 15 different people are yelling at their kids "ESTI! ESTI GET OVER HERE!" Freaked...me...out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you can share the angst with me.

    Let's change our names to Gertrude and Clementine that should resolve the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I be Clementine like Eternal Sunshine? She's my idol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as I can call you Clemmy for short.

    ReplyDelete